World Breastfeeding Week 2018 1st - 7th August
With World Breastfeeding Week happening from tomorrow, it's something we feel strongly about so we thought we would let you know a little more...
This year's WBW theme is Breastfeeding: Foundation of Life. In a world filled with inequality, crises and poverty, breastfeeding is the foundation of lifelong good health for babies and mothers.
Objectives of #WBW2018 are to...
- Inform - Inform people about the links between good nutrition, food security, poverty reduction and breastfeeding.
- Anchor - breastfeeding as the foundation of life.
- Engage - with individuals and organisations for greater impact.
- Galvanise - Action to advance breastfeeding as a part of good nutrition, food security and poverty reduction.
In return, this should help...
- Prevent malnutrition in all its form
- Ensuring food security, even in times of crises
- Breaking the cycle of poverty
Learn More here >>> www.worldbreastfeedingweek.org
Leave a comment